Thursday

Great Brands: Nur Design

No comments:
 

As much as I love large Nordic brands like Muuto, Normann Copenhagen and HAY, I also think it's very important to support young new designers (although I must add that the brands mentioned above do their best to support new talents). Today I'm introducing you to a brand new designer from Denmark, Maja Bøgh Vindbjerg from nur design. I first came across this brand on the website of the lovely Rikke from That Nordic Feeling and I immediately wrote down the name of the brand: I wanted to keep an eye on this one :)

Maja is finishing her master at the Aarhus School of Architecture but she was lucky enough to get a job at a large international design company who gave her the opportunity to explore her ideas. I think her designs are truly original, which is a rare thing these days. 

I actually ordered the black and white Pipeline candlesticks directly with Maja and I am so happy with them: the quality is superb and they were delivered really quickly! Check them out at the last photo. Also, make sure to check out the beautiful website of nur design.

The  Pipeline candlestick is minimalism at its best! Because the candlesticks are made of stainless steel you can also use them as a vase [as you can see in photo 1]. 


And the equally minimalistic nur trays are branded with the visually appealing logo of the brand. I also love the matte finish of the products - but if you love a shiny finish you could get the copper or gold tray :) Use them in your bathroom (because these are made of stainless steel as well!), your office or on your side table.


And what about that beautiful and very decorative Fold shelf?


 I really like the combination of the side tables as well.

All photos by nur design



Prices: 

Pipeline
349 DKK = ± €47
Nur Tray Small
Nur Tray Medium
Nur Tray Large
129 DKK = ± €17
189 DKK = ± €25
249 DKK = ± €34
Nur Tray Copper (s/m/l)
199 / 249 / 349 DKK = ± €27 / €34 / €47
Fold Shelf 
1.399 DKK = ± €187
Around Side Table (s/m)
2.899 /  3.499 DKK = ± €388 / €469
Delta Plate
299 DKK = ± €40

Some of the items are available at the online store Hogh Shoppen 
or you could try e-mailing the designer directly at Maja (click) like I did :) 



Here's a photo of my own Pipelines :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff